Is there a way to craft a variable to group by Month/Quarter/etc. and still display YoY data?

Options

I'm currently trying to accomplish this, but it's not allowing me to select comparison data since the Beast Mode output isn't a date field.

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TimLudwigsen The approach generally depends on what fields are in your data and how you want to display it. If you are using a Period Over Period chart, then you need to have a date field in the x-axis in order to set up a comparison to prior year and dynamically change the date groupings. You will also have to select a comparison (i.e. Previous Year) within Analyzer and save the card for any comparisons to be available.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TimLudwigsen The approach generally depends on what fields are in your data and how you want to display it. If you are using a Period Over Period chart, then you need to have a date field in the x-axis in order to set up a comparison to prior year and dynamically change the date groupings. You will also have to select a comparison (i.e. Previous Year) within Analyzer and save the card for any comparisons to be available.