Multi-value column card to Compare Turnover

Options

My intent is to create a multi-value column card to compare turnover data from the current year to the previous year.

Ideally, I'd have it compare the year to date terminations/turnover to the previous year's at the same point in time. I'd like to display the total number of terminations for this year and either a % increase/decrease compared to last year or merely an absolute value increase/decrease.

My dataset has a column for termination dates going back the past 6-7 years.

1. I'm unsure if I need to create new variables in beast mode for comparing to the year prior. And if I do, what I need to do
  2. This is my first time trying to make a multi-value column card- I'm not sure how to set this up
  3. I set up dropdown filters for the other cards in my dashboard. Is there a way to select which filters can/can't impact this particular card?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kutsch! Let's see here. These snapshots should help you out.

As a precaution, group your data by date, then have an aggregated column of terminations summed.

Then go into a card and select period over period multi value chart. See below. To ensure filters aren't applied , edit dash > click on card edit content arrow > change filter exceptions > toggle allow filtering. Hope this helps you out!

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kutsch! Let's see here. These snapshots should help you out.

As a precaution, group your data by date, then have an aggregated column of terminations summed.

Then go into a card and select period over period multi value chart. See below. To ensure filters aren't applied , edit dash > click on card edit content arrow > change filter exceptions > toggle allow filtering. Hope this helps you out!

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• Kutsch
    Options

@pauljames Looks like it's working for me. Thanks!