Window Function on Fixed Column Finding Aggregations of Previous Beast Mode

Options

Hello,

I was hoping to find a way to take the MAX, MIN, and AVG of a calculation based on a column in a beast mode calculation. For example, I am creating the "Average Performer" as something like the below query but I am getting an error thrown.

AVG(AVG((SUM(COMPLETED) / SUM(EXPECTED))) FIXED (BY GROUP_1))

I was basing my work on this link: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US . Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• random_user_098765
    edited November 2023 Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi, I found a column that represents this inner Completion Percentage beast mode but I am still having trouble with showing a line graph for the MAX, MIN, and AVG of the Completion Percentage column based on the GROUP_1 column. Can anyone help me out?

Edit: This is not an answer so please disregard my misclick

• random_user_098765
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi, your answer was correct

Answers

• If you just want the average by group, you probably don't need a fixed function. You could just set the aggregation to average. In a table, for example, make the first column GROUP_1 and the second column your BeastMode.

Or if that's not working, could you be more specific about what you mean by "average performer"?

Please πŸ’‘/πŸ’–/πŸ‘/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• Hi, I am using these beast modes in the line graph card. I am not sure that the table solution will work. By 'Average Performer', it is someone who is the average performer based on the group for the rate of completed/expected

• To be more clear, I created a beast mode called 'Completion Percentage' with it being (SUM(COMPLETED) / SUM(EXPECTED). I am trying to find the MAX, MIN, AVG of this metric while fixing on the GROUP_1 column so that I can plot the Max Completion Percentage, the Min Completion Percentage and the Avg Completion Percentage over time based on the GROUP_1 column. I hope this helps :)

• random_user_098765
    edited November 2023 Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi, I found a column that represents this inner Completion Percentage beast mode but I am still having trouble with showing a line graph for the MAX, MIN, and AVG of the Completion Percentage column based on the GROUP_1 column. Can anyone help me out?

Edit: This is not an answer so please disregard my misclick

• Since you're saying line graph, I'm assuming you want it not just fixed by category but also by date. If it's not fixed by date (or whatever your x variable is) it would be a bunch of horizontal lines. That would be something like this for your completion percentage:

( SUM(COMPLETED) FIXED(BY GROUP_1, DATE) ) / ( SUM(EXPECTED) FIXED(BY GROUP_1, DATE) )

Then you could create BeastModes with this same formula wrapped in Max, Min, Avg, etc.

It sounds a bit like Spaghetti to me, though with 4 lines x number of groups. Maybe you could do vertical box plots, which shows that 4 number summary and put a control/filter to switch between groups.

Please πŸ’‘/πŸ’–/πŸ‘/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• random_user_098765
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello, thanks for the response! I am getting the following message. An issue has occurred during processing. We are unable to complete the request at this time.Β The graph should show a line plot for each month with 1 line for the max, another for the average, and finally a line for the min. Unfortunately, I have no control in setting the parameters for the type of graph to show as I was directed to choose a line graph specifically by the organization that I work for.

• random_user_098765
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi, your answer was correct