Pivot Table - Blank Column To Segment Data

Options

Hi All

i currently have a pivot on my dashboard with quite a lot of columns, to help users visually i wanted to segment slightly

my thinking was to create a blank beast mode and add to where i wanted a break however it counts the rows does anyone know of a workaround? or another possible solution

See below example (yellow would be where the blank columns would be

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yep blank column is the easiest. You can hide totals for any column so just hide totals for the blank field to prevent the counts from showing.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yep blank column is the easiest. You can hide totals for any column so just hide totals for the blank field to prevent the counts from showing.

• Dverdon
    Options

Thank you just tested and worked as expected - the only issue is still shows at the lowest level of the pivot row hierarchy (as isn't a total or subtotal)

• Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• Dverdon
    Options

here you go - Week commencing is the last level in the pivot rows

• For the blank field you can copy and paste an empty character as the title so "Blank" wont be displayed. And for the "Blank" field you can just put '' as the value in the beastmode and the 5 shouldn't show.

• Dverdon
    Options

Thanks - i have done the above steps but still get the value at the last level - the issue being the only option is to aggregate by count

another workaround i was thinking is to change the font colour on that particular field as white so wouldnt show - however i dont think thats dobale? i think the font colour can only be set for all and not individual fields/measures?