Is there a way to make a Summary display of a Beast Mode a color?

Options

I have a beast mode calculation showing the percentage change that I am displaying as the Summary Number. Is there a way to color code the percentage where if it is positive, make the value green or if it is negative, then make it red?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You just have to use a concat() to convert it to a string and wrap it in the appropriate HTML strings. To change it to red, this should work:

CONCAT(

'<a style="color: #f00">',

[YOUR FORMULA],

'</a>')

To conditionally format it, you would just add that to a CASE:

CASE

WHEN [YOUR FORMULA]>=0 THEN [YOUR FORMULA]

ELSE

CONCAT(

[YOUR FORMULA],

'</a>')

END

You'll lose the ability to format the value using the GUI of the summary number, so you may need to do that within your formula, too, i.e.'$', round([YOUR FORMULA])

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

@bmartin , I'm not sure you can adjust color of a summary number. I suggest creating a period over period multi-value card.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• Yes, you can. It requires adding HTML and also formatting your value because it becomes a string in the process. This post outlines how to do it.

I have gone away from this method and stacked a multi-value gauge on top of my other chart as @PaulJames suggests as it requires a lot less effort.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • bmartin
    Options

While I saw the Multi-Value chart option. I was hoping to show the billing change as the Summary on the Billing Card tracking the monthly billing.

Here is my Beast Mode calcualtion:

(sum(case when MONTH(invoice_date)=MONTH(CURRENT_DATE() - interval 12 month) and YEAR(invoice_date)=year(CURDATE() - interval 12 month) then total_amount_billed else 0 end)

sum(case when MONTH(invoice_date)=MONTH(CURRENT_DATE() - interval 13 month) and YEAR(invoice_date)=year(CURDATE() - interval 13 month) then total_amount_billed else 0 end))
    /

sum(case when MONTH(invoice_date)=MONTH(CURRENT_DATE() - interval 13 month) and YEAR(invoice_date)=year(CURDATE() - interval 13 month) then total_amount_billed else 0 end)

I do not quite see how to specifically add color to make the Summary Number a color. Is this even possible?

I saw a DOMO page that makes it seem like it is an option, but doesn't quite say how to do it easily: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043430093?language=en_US

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You just have to use a concat() to convert it to a string and wrap it in the appropriate HTML strings. To change it to red, this should work:

CONCAT(

[YOUR FORMULA],

'</a>')

To conditionally format it, you would just add that to a CASE:

CASE

WHEN [YOUR FORMULA]>=0 THEN [YOUR FORMULA]

ELSE

CONCAT(

[YOUR FORMULA],

'</a>')

END

You'll lose the ability to format the value using the GUI of the summary number, so you may need to do that within your formula, too, i.e.'$', round([YOUR FORMULA])

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.