Domo Embed - reporting with a date range issue

Options

I have an embedded dashboard that has programmatic filtering which includes a date range. This functions fine although i am now hitting a challenge in testing for the following reasons.

I have records in the db table for when a product is available and another date for when its not available. I want a count of records that are available within the date range filter. How can i do this as currently i am only able to use a single date in the filtering.

My customers need to be able to see what is live in a date range versus what is not live. I have a status filter too but again this doesn't help much.

I was thinking that as a horrible work around i can create a table with a row for every date the product was live but that is going to be unworkable as there are more than 2 statuses so i dont see that as workable. (fyi i have 4000-7000 products live at any one time and we have a lot of historical data too circa 10 years)

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Can you pass in filters based on the date such that start_date is between your date range and end_date is between your date range?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Can you pass in filters based on the date such that start_date is between your date range and end_date is between your date range?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MattTheGuru
    MattTheGuru Contributor
    Options

It looks like this question may have been answered, but to solve your particular issue I think you need to stack filters in a way similar to this when you send over the body of the API request:

"filters": [{"column": “your_date_column, "operator": “GREATER_THAN”, "values": “2023-01-03T20:00:00.”}, {"column": “your_date_column, "operator": “LESS_THAN”, "values": “2023-04-03T00:00:00.”}]