Update Jira ticket data in Domo dashboard

Options

Hi,

I have created Domo dashboard based on Jira filters one user renamed ticket description but its not updating in domo how do i do that.

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• The filter is not updating or the field is now missing from the dataset? Is the dataset a dataflow output or a Jira Connector dataset?

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Gulraiz
    Options

its a jira connector data set filter is not updating in domo

• ColemenWilson
    edited November 2023
    Options

You'll have to adjust the filter to use the new field name. Is it a page filter, page filtered view, quick filter?

• Gulraiz
    Options

its a jql filter when i see in filter ticket description was updated but not in domo how do i update data in domo?

• Gotcha, so you are trying to filter the data that is ingested in Domo? Or do you want to apply a filter to a specific card or dashboard?

• Gulraiz
    Options

Okay when i see in Domo dashboard specific Jira ticket description does not match with Jira ticket description user manually renamed ticket description in Jira how do i change manually in domo any idea

• Can you provide screenshots so I can see what you are seeing and need to change?

• Gulraiz
    Options

Do you see OMEG-159 in Jira it has different description in jira and domo. how do i update in domo?

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

For this you need to update the dataset. Below is a screen recording on how to do this for a dataflow dataset powered card:
    https://www.loom.com/share/bc9a26b83302482a95ac56764ec2eb9f?sid=8052ec7a-b818-44eb-95cd-043f07e7fc62

Here is how you do it for a non-dataflow dataset powered card:
    https://www.loom.com/share/b6d3da578a5644dab56861713afbf12d?sid=0602f5b1-af74-476e-b403-3890fc584a4a

• Gulraiz
    Options

I followed the steps but that didn't work still OMEG-159 ticket not updated in Domo

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Reviewing the screenshot again I see that OMEG-159 is an Epic. The purple icon with the lightning bolt indicates that this is not a ticket, but an Epic. So that is why you are seeing a different description. In Jira, a ticket and an epic can have the same ID.

• Gulraiz
    Options

Looks user changed summary in OMEG-159 ticket but its not updating in domo how do we manullay change?

• It will update with a data refresh. But like I said before, you are comparing an Epic to a Task. They have different information and different descriptions. If you really want to you can override the value with a case statement. Something like:

CASE WHEN LOWER(`Description`) LIKE '%communicable diseases on physical%' THEN 'Whatever you want it to say' ELSE `Description` END