One of the filter is working in unidirectional way.

Options

In the dashboard one of the filter is working in a unidirectional way and not bidirectional. I have checked the interaction settings and it is set to "Apply to all Cards". What could be the possible reason & how to rectify it?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Yadhuveer Have you verified the interaction settings on both cards, or just one?

Otherwise, are both filters powered by the same dataset? If they are using different datasets and the dataset powering Filter1 does not have the same field with 1,2,3… values then Filter1 will not interact.

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@Yadhuveer Can you share an example of how the interaction is behaving vs how you want it to behave?

• Yadhuveer
    Options

Hi @MichelleH , Below is the example

Let's say we have two checkbox filters.

Filter1 with options A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M

Filter2 with options 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13

When I pick something in Filter1, like A, it shows the connected value in Filter2, which is 1. If I choose B and C in Filter1, Filter 2 displays 2 and 3.

The issue is, when I select something in Filter2, like 1, it doesn't show the related value in Filter1, which should be A. I've double-checked the interaction settings, and it is set to "Apply to all Cards".

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Yadhuveer Have you verified the interaction settings on both cards, or just one?

Otherwise, are both filters powered by the same dataset? If they are using different datasets and the dataset powering Filter1 does not have the same field with 1,2,3… values then Filter1 will not interact.