Is it possible to get customized totals on a pivot table?

Options

I would like to use a pivot table to show some summary information. A key requirement is that the end-user needs to be able to drill down to view the raw data.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to do. Below is a screenshot from Excel. To the left is the raw data. The top pivot table is similar to what I am able to set up in Domo - it shows the grand total, including all categories. However for my application, the total column needs to show only the total for fruits and vegetables. The furniture category is of interest, so the numbers should still be in the table, but they need to be excluded from the final total.

This is the result in Domo:

One idea would be to input the data into a Python or R scripting tile to do the custom summation and layout. However, the resulting table would not have drill-down functionality so this won't work for my application.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to do this in Domo?

Tagged:

Answers

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

@DomoAmateur , how about this? new beast mode then apply to card this way.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• DomoAmateur
    Options

Hi @pauljames. Thank you very much, this is helpful. The only shortcoming of this approach is that the result isn't in a convenient regular table form that my end-users will need. Perhaps what I need isn't possible to set up in Analyzer and custom Domo apps are needed...