How can I copy PDP policies from one dataset to another?

Options

I have a dataset I needed to recreate for various reasons from an existing dataset with pdp. i want to be able to copy the pdp policies from the orig dataset to the new dataset. How can I do that?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @dmurgit1, this is currently not possible. You could, however, create the logic for the PDP policies as a formula that could be copied and pasted in ETL's to make applying logic easier.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @dmurgit1, this is currently not possible. You could, however, create the logic for the PDP policies as a formula that could be copied and pasted in ETL's to make applying logic easier.

• ADubois
    ADubois Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

@ColemenWilson Can you elaborate on how to do this? I was thinking this may be possible but haven't figured out the "how".

• Here is an example of one way to do this. Let's say you have a policy where the logic is: John Doe can only see data for the Marketing department and only data for the east region.

For magic ETL you would use a formula tile and would use something like: CASE WHEN `Department` = 'Marketing' AND `Region` = 'East' THEN 'Policy 1' END

For SQL dataflows you would add the same logic above as a new field in your query.

Then, when setting up PDP policies for all of these datasets, you would just set John Doe to Policy 1 in the PDP settings.

• carthur
    carthur Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ColemenWilson I am a little confused on your logic here - to use the policy1, 2 and so on, wouldn't policy1, 2 and on has to be datapoints in the dataset? Or say i want to use the policy 1, may be add a constant value for policy 1? I am a little confused here