Change email format for a join

Options

I am trying to merge two sources in domo. I want the last part of email to be all lowercase. In one source some of the emails are name@TechCompany. I want everything after the @ to be techcompany and all lowercase. What formula can I use for this?

Best Answers

• nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try lower(`email address`)

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Magic ETL, use the text formatting tile. Select the column containing your email values and then apply All lower case. In a beastmode you would use: LOWER(`Field`)

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

For a join it is safest to force the entire email to lowercase. ColemenWilson@henryscheinone.com wouldn't join with colemenwilson@henryscheinone.com

Answers

• nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try lower(`email address`)

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Magic ETL, use the text formatting tile. Select the column containing your email values and then apply All lower case. In a beastmode you would use: LOWER(`Field`)

• trafalger
    Options

If you only want to apply it to the after the @, you could split it at the @, lower the company and keep the part before it uppercase

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

For a join it is safest to force the entire email to lowercase. ColemenWilson@henryscheinone.com wouldn't join with colemenwilson@henryscheinone.com