Filtering on Calculated Values

Options

I have a Beast Mode that is calculating the difference between 2 columns. I need a filter that will give me all of the values that are $10k and above and all values that are -$10k and below. I assume I need to create a 'When' Beast Mode that includes both of the filters, but I am getting a Syntax error. I am thinking maybe it is because the column I am using is the calculated field. Any suggestions on accomplishing this? Thanks!

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hmm I am not getting the same error, see below:

Could you screenshot your beastmode so we can take a look?

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023
    Options

This is possible, but to help we need a bit more information. Could you share the beastmode field and the other field you are using?

It will end up looking something like this:

CASE WHEN `Field1` - `CalculatedField` >= 10000 THEN 'In'
    WHEN `Field1` - `CalculatedField` <= -10000 THEN 'In'
    ELSE 'Out' END

Then you will use the above beastmode as a filter on the card with the condition that 'In' is in.

The `CalculatedField` above could either be:
    1. A nested beastmode, which is a new feature just announced that requires requesting access to via your CSM.
    2. Your calculated field re-typed in this filter beastmode.

• BethW
    Options

My calculated column Beast Mode is called FluctCurrVsYest with the calculation of SUM(Current Balance- Yesterday Balance). When I choose it in my new Beast Mode it inserts the calculation, not the name. The error I receive is: 'Calculation Error This calculation contained a syntax error.' Here is the Beast Mode I receive the error on:

CASE
    WHEN SUM(Current Balance- Yesterday Balance) >= 1000
    THEN '1'
    WHEN SUM(Current Balance- Yesterday Balance) <= -10000
    THEN '1'
    ELSE '2'
    END

Thanks!

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hmm I am not getting the same error, see below:

Could you screenshot your beastmode so we can take a look?

• BethW
    Options

Looks like I had too many ` symbols. I was able to get it to work by using yours as a guide. Thank you VERY VERY much!