Booking date and shipment date formula

Options

Hello I am trying to arrive at a beast mode calculation where the booking in current quarter if shipped in the current quarter then give me the shipment dollars. It has to be dynamic so that I don't have to change the formula every quarter.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

I would use the QUARTER() function and the YEAR() function to ensure that you get the expected result. It would look something like this:

CASE WHEN QUARTER(dt) = QUARTER(CURRENT_DATE()) AND YEAR(dt) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE()) THEN 'Same'
    ELSE 'Different'
    END

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    Options

Do you want the formula to return a date or the shipment dollars? What are the columns in your dataset?

• GrantSmith
    Options

To get the dollar amounts you can use Mark's logic to return the amount for the quarter:

CASE WHEN QUARTER(`dt`) = QUARTER(CURRENT_DATE()) AND YEAR(`dt`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE()) THEN
      `Shipment Dollars`
    END

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Sathish_Kanna
    Options

I have two columns. One is the Booking date and the second is the shipment date. IF the Booking date and the shipment date are within the same quarter then give me the Shipment dollar for the Order number.

• GrantSmith
    Options
    CASE WHEN QUARTER(`booking_date`) = QUARTER(`shipment_date`) AND YEAR(`booking_date`) = YEAR(`shipment_date`) THEN
      `Shipment Dollars`
    END

You'd want something like this then

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Options

If you only want to show the orders that meet your criteria, you can create this beast mode and then drag into your filters and filter to include.

CASE WHEN QUARTER(booking_date) = QUARTER(shipment_date) AND YEAR(booking_date) = YEAR(shipment_date) THEN
    'Include'
    ELSE 'Exclude'
    END

• Sathish_Kanna
    Options

In this case lets say the booking date is 1 October and the shipment date is 15th November then will the output be the Shipment dollars? Should I load a date mapping file to get the output?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

If your dataset already has the booking date, shipment date, shipping dollars and order number, you shouldn't need any additional fields. Have you tried using any of the above suggestions in Analyzer? Start with a table card and see if it returns the results you expect.