Bullet Chart Data Labels

Options

Struggling to figure out how to format the bullet chart in Domo. My Actual values is total sales and my target value is forecast. Yet when I go to Data Label Settings > Text then add %_VALUE it shows the Actual Value field on both elements of the chart. How do I configure this to show the Total Sales $ on the Bar and the Forecast $ on the line ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• AaronCrouch
    AaronCrouch Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I thought I was crazy when all three of my bars on the bullet were showing the same value. I would have sworn that the numbers were different before. My boss said the same thing. So I looked at the card history, and indeed I used to have separate labels for value, range 1 and range 2. I noticed the change on Friday, the same day you posted this question. I have opened a ticket with Domo to see if they made an update recently.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

If you want to have the values always display, you would need to add %_VALUE and %_TARGET_VALUE. It's not a great look, but you can add text before each macro and put them on separate lines to make it clearer.

If you don't use the data label settings, when you hover over the x-axis category names it will show the two different values when hovering. That is the method I use for my bullet chart.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • AaronCrouch
    AaronCrouch Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I thought I was crazy when all three of my bars on the bullet were showing the same value. I would have sworn that the numbers were different before. My boss said the same thing. So I looked at the card history, and indeed I used to have separate labels for value, range 1 and range 2. I noticed the change on Friday, the same day you posted this question. I have opened a ticket with Domo to see if they made an update recently.

• @AaronCrouch thank you! I was going through the same thought process on Friday because I swore they use to be different as well. I will submit a ticket of my own

• NDoyle
    Options

Thank you! I've been losing my mind. Is there a bug ticket I can upvote or follow or something?

• AaronCrouch
    Options

@calvert_schaefer @NDoyle Domo informed me this morning that the problem is resolved.