Drill Down issue

Options

I have a summary level card (Table format). I tried to edit drill path and applied the correct filters , but when i test it, it only shows 1 value

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is your top level card a Pivot Table? Where are you clicking exactly to drill down? Do you have any filters on the top level card that come from Beast Modes rather than actual values from the dataset? These things can all affect how drilling works and yield different results. Something else that has often caused me headaches is that if your org has Fiscal Calendar enabled you need to ensure both the top level card and the drill path card have the same setting for it (either to use it or not), otherwise the drilling goes awry.

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@shreeyab Here are a few things to check if your drill path is not working as expected:

• Apply the same filters in the Data tab of the dataset to see which rows should be included in the drill
    • Be sure that you are clicking on a dimension when you drill, not the measure, since that field is what is used to filter the drill path
    • Verify that you are not aggregating any fields in the drill if you want it to show a detail view
    • Check that there aren't any conflicting filters on the top level and drill views within Analyzer, since that could potentially exclude necessary data

• shreeb
    Options

I have a count(flag) column in my summary table. I want to drill down to the count.

So count(Flag) = 4 I want to see the 4 records.

Currently, I am getting only 1 record

• MichelleH
    Options

@shreeyab Can you please share some screenshots of what you're seeing?

• shreeb
    Options

I am seeing only one record that changes randomly, but shows 1 record while i want to drill down to the 6

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is your top level card a Pivot Table? Where are you clicking exactly to drill down? Do you have any filters on the top level card that come from Beast Modes rather than actual values from the dataset? These things can all affect how drilling works and yield different results. Something else that has often caused me headaches is that if your org has Fiscal Calendar enabled you need to ensure both the top level card and the drill path card have the same setting for it (either to use it or not), otherwise the drilling goes awry.