How to disable interaction from a card without disabling general options (like scroll bar)

Options

Hi Everyone,

I have a "Table" type card on a dashboard and I don't want interaction from that card. When I do "Change Interaction" —> "Disable Card interaction" it also disables the general properties, functionalities & options for e.g., I'm no more able to see "Expand", "Card options" or even scroll the card! Is there a way to simply remove interactions from the table values so user is not able to click any values but they can expand the card OR at least scroll the card?

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

We solved this. Even though card interactions were set right for the page, when a user clicks on the cells containing nulls it causes the table to go blank. This was fixed using the following beastmode:

IFNULL(`Value`,'')

This ensured that the cells did not contain nulls, but were still left blank to meet the dashboard requirements.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023
    Options

Short answer is no. What are you trying to prevent?

Changing the interaction to "Go to Card details" would expand the card when clicked, so no other interactions could take place on the card in the dashboard.

• Pritesh
    Options

I'm trying to prevent this…

If any user clicks on a value in the table, it applies filtration on all the cards, including that very card. Even if I manually remove interaction from all the other cards, the self card still get affected by this interaction. For our users, it's very annoying and completely irrelevant (to apply any filter from a table value).

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Gotcha. This can be disabled. Just go to card interaction settings and uncheck the "Enable interaction filters"

• Pritesh
    Options

Yes, I did that, however it doesn't apply to the "self" card (on which user clicks)…

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023
    Options

What do you mean by the "self" card? You need to disable interaction filters on the table card by going to interaction settings for that card and then unchecking "Enable interaction filters"

• Pritesh
    Options

"self" card means, clicking the card on which I've applied interactions settings.

Let me explain in other way:

I've three table cards on my dashboard (let's call them Table1, Table2, Table3).

If I change interaction for card "Table1" (by going "Card interaction settings" and uncheck the "Enable interaction filters" it prevents filters) and if user click any value on "Table1" it prevents interactions on cards "Table2" and "Table3", but it still applies filter on the card "Table1".

On the screenshot that I pasted below, I've the same settings as you mentioned but you see it still applies filter on the very same card and removes everything from that card…

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Double check your settings on these cards. I've recorded a quick video that shows that this does not happen if the right settings are applied:

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

We solved this. Even though card interactions were set right for the page, when a user clicks on the cells containing nulls it causes the table to go blank. This was fixed using the following beastmode:

IFNULL(`Value`,'')

This ensured that the cells did not contain nulls, but were still left blank to meet the dashboard requirements.

• Lisa_Duong
    Options

I am also frustrated by this "functionality" - I am able to expand the card, but not scroll even though there are scroll bars. It's very confusing for end users.