Variable connected to a Filter Card

Options

Part 1: I created a variable that allows me to select a different field. I then use this variable in a control on the dashboard.

Part 2: I am trying to use the control I created in part 1 to change one filter card that is connected to this variable. The goal is to have one filter card that changes based on the variable control. This works fine.

Issue with above: The part that doesnt work well is that when I change the variable in the control card, the filter card defaults to none and I have to manually click all for all my data to populate.

Does anyone have advice on how to solve for this and allow all field values to come through b default? I had to go into the filter card and add a quick filter and click on the variable to select the new field. I then selected all but this doesnt work very well. It only temporarily worked for me.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Due to how variables work the variable won’t remember the value you selected for a prior value of the variable column. I’d recommend adding this as an idea in the idea exchange

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Due to how variables work the variable won’t remember the value you selected for a prior value of the variable column. I’d recommend adding this as an idea in the idea exchange

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MGDOJO
    Options

Thanks Grant, I will add this to idea exchange. I did just figure out a work around for now. I had to create a filter view and click on the field that is connected to the variable and filter by count>= 0. This works for now!