How can I link between different dashboards within Domo

Options
muhammadtalha
muhammadtalha Member
edited October 2023 in Cards, Dashboards, Stories

Hi,

I have a scenario in which I need to link almost 3 dashboards, the first dashboard will load automatically, but other two sub-dashboards will be linked via tabs on the main page at the top of the dashboard. I am unable to find where to link and how to link to sub dashboards.

The dashboard which I want to make like mine is this one which is also made on DOMO: https://www.pandemicoversight.gov/data-interactive-tools/interactive-dashboards/all-pandemic-awards

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Gotcha. As mentioned this isn't possible in default Domo, but you could probably build an app that has this functionality. What I would suggest, and I have done this successfully, is just mimic tabs look and behavior by making 3 buttons in the top left of the page and then replicating those same 3 buttons on all 3 pages and color the button a different shade on its corresponding page (see below). Then have them link to dashboards without opening a new tab. This is pretty much the same as the tab experience you would get in Tableau.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@muhammadtalha - This was likely done using either a custom app or extending an HTML Domo Brick that Domo provides.

Here's a link to the "HTML Links Dropdown Brick" that Domo provides (replace [YOURDOMAIN] with your domain or search for HTML Links Dropdown Brick in the app store

https://[YOURDOMAIN].domo.com/appstore/details/5DFB6B0574D33944078750E31FBCAB19EDF0EFEC532EE17A456FA289F6382821?origin=search

This method requires some knowledge of HTML, JavaScript and CSS but can get you what you're looking for. But you're correct, you'd use something like that and then have your page embedded via an iframe would be the easiest option.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023
    Options

You can link dashboards by creating buttons on your dashboard. You would create either an image or text card, and then change the card interaction in the dashboard settings to be a link to other content.

• muhammadtalha
    Options

It takes me to the new dashboard page, I want the new sub-dashboard to open on the same page from where it is clicked, how to achieve that ??

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Ah gotcha. I believe this is only possible with Domo everywhere which I am not familiar with. Perhaps @GrantSmith can help?

• muhammadtalha
    Options

Hi @GrantSmith , can you please look into this issue. Thanks.

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

Coleman's instructions should work

but add one step: To get the subpages to open in the same window, choose the below options in card interaction settings and leave the "open in new tab" option unchecked.

• ColemenWilson
    Options

@jessdoe yeah that is what I originally thought but looking at @muhammadtalha 's example in the original post it appears he is looking for a tabs experience within the page similar to what you'd see in Tableau. @muhammadtalha is this correct? Or do you just want to prevent a new tab from being opened in the users browser?

• muhammadtalha
    Options

@ColemenWilson yes you are right, I am actually looking like a tabs view as it has in Tableau.

• muhammadtalha
    Options

@ColemenWilson @jessdoe can you guys please help me to find a soluion for this.

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Gotcha. As mentioned this isn't possible in default Domo, but you could probably build an app that has this functionality. What I would suggest, and I have done this successfully, is just mimic tabs look and behavior by making 3 buttons in the top left of the page and then replicating those same 3 buttons on all 3 pages and color the button a different shade on its corresponding page (see below). Then have them link to dashboards without opening a new tab. This is pretty much the same as the tab experience you would get in Tableau.

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

Ah gotcha @ColemenWilson. I may be going crazy but I think the same effect is achieved via text cards at the top of each page linked through card interactions.

• muhammadtalha
    Options

@ColemenWilson So you are saying that I should build tabs and filters at the top on my own application and then embed the dashboards as an Iframe as a sub-dashboard ?

• muhammadtalha
    Options

@ColemenWilson I got you, but the following dashboard is totally build on domo. We really want to make same as it is for our own data and sub-dashboards. Can you tell me any resource or any thing using which I can do this …

https://b2304c8a-ef35-48cd-94ab-4d681e60c772.domoapps.prod101.domo.com/?analyzer=%5B%7B%22column%22%3A%22view%22%2C%22operand%22%3A%22IN%22%2C%22values%22%3A%5B%22Federal%20Assistance%22%5D%7D%5D&embedCode=Nky6z

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@muhammadtalha - This was likely done using either a custom app or extending an HTML Domo Brick that Domo provides.

Here's a link to the "HTML Links Dropdown Brick" that Domo provides (replace [YOURDOMAIN] with your domain or search for HTML Links Dropdown Brick in the app store

https://[YOURDOMAIN].domo.com/appstore/details/5DFB6B0574D33944078750E31FBCAB19EDF0EFEC532EE17A456FA289F6382821?origin=search

This method requires some knowledge of HTML, JavaScript and CSS but can get you what you're looking for. But you're correct, you'd use something like that and then have your page embedded via an iframe would be the easiest option.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**