Getting "Domo is ready, but the requested file does not exist." for Excel file

Options

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Have you ensured that the excel file is shared with your OneDrive Domo account in OneDrive? And that the shared file name matches exactly including ".xlsx"?

At my company we have a shared files master list dataset for onedrive that shows every file that has been shared properly to troubleshoot this exact situation.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have a shared files master list dataset for onedrive that shows every file that has been shared? This has helped us many times in troubleshooting these types of errors. Use the OneDrive for business connector and select the Shared Items report type. Then look through the data and see if your file is there. If not, it has not been shared properly. If it is, copy and paste the name directly from the data table into the "Shared File Name" box in your other OneDrive connector.

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Have you ensured that the excel file is shared with your OneDrive Domo account in OneDrive? And that the shared file name matches exactly including ".xlsx"?

At my company we have a shared files master list dataset for onedrive that shows every file that has been shared properly to troubleshoot this exact situation.

• ColeStuart
    Options

I'm using the Microsoft OneDrive Business Connector to try and pull in an xlsx file into Domo. The file was shared with the Major Domo account at my company and when I log in and set it up the way several others are, yet still getting this error. What else can I try?

Originally the excel file had a date in the filename like 9.27.2023, thought that was the issue and had the file renamed.

I set this up yesterday and tested again today wondering if it might take a bit for the API to figure out the change, or Domo/OneDrive to refresh, but it's still not working.

What else can I try?

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have a shared files master list dataset for onedrive that shows every file that has been shared? This has helped us many times in troubleshooting these types of errors. Use the OneDrive for business connector and select the Shared Items report type. Then look through the data and see if your file is there. If not, it has not been shared properly. If it is, copy and paste the name directly from the data table into the "Shared File Name" box in your other OneDrive connector.

• ColeStuart
    Options

Thanks ColemenWilson - I had not included the .xlsx as I thought that was done in the file type field, but it is also needed in the filename. That simple.

• Gagliardi
    Options

Great tip to try the "Shared Items" report. Helped me troubleshoot an issue I was having. If anyone else is having the issue I had getting Domo to find a file where Domo says "file does not exist": note that when using "Download Shared File (SharedWithMe Endpoint)" the name of that report is very literal. The Shared Items report revealed that One Drive files I owned were NOT in the list of Items shared with me. I had to Share the file with another users in OneDrive, then use their Domo - OneDrive account as the credentials for the report. None of the other report types seemed to work in connecting to files that I owned but hadn't shared when using my own Domo OneDrive Account.

• ColemenWilson
    Options

@gagliardi we created a service account to solve this very issue. Highly recommend!