Can you use a beast mode in Segments?

Options

Hello! I am trying to build out a Segment although for some reason it isn't populating when I use a beast mode as the Columns to filter. Can you only use data from the flow and not use beast modes?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ahh… I see what you mean. When I select my beast mode, I am not given the next option to select which values I want like you do with regular fields.

I would start by reaching out to support and see if they determine if this is a bug. If they say it isn't then I would suggest adding this ability to the Ideas Exchange.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

I see beast mode columns show up in the columns to filter when creating a segment. When you created the beast mode, did you select "save this beast mode to the dataset"? I didn't think it was required, but it could be. Also, when selecting the columns, make sure you are looking in the correct data type. They are sorted by data type (string, numeric, etc.)

• cmarino
    Options

Hi Mark -

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, the beast mode is saved to the dataset and it is a numeric option in the columns. The data populates in the preview, although, when I save it and add to the Line Chart no data populates.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ahh… I see what you mean. When I select my beast mode, I am not given the next option to select which values I want like you do with regular fields.

I would start by reaching out to support and see if they determine if this is a bug. If they say it isn't then I would suggest adding this ability to the Ideas Exchange.

• cmarino
    Options

Thank you!!