Date filtering removes "Compare to" lines

Options

Hello, I have a bar/line chart that shows current year's spend in the bars, and then the two lines show where that spend was a month ago, and a year ago. As you can see in the screenshot I have the Date selected as "This Year, by Month", and the chart works great.

The problem is when users want to view a different date range, the bars will stay, but the comparison lines go away (see 2nd screenshot with date range set to "Between 8/1/22-8/27/23".

The dataset goes back to 2018, so it's not an issue of there being no data to compare to. Any ideas how to filter this card to that specific date range but still have the comparison lines intact? Thank you

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

For Period over Period cards, any time you change the date range, you will need to re-select what you want to compare it to. It should give you the ability to do it, but it won't automatically do it for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@AO3 here are some snapshots for practical application. I hope this helps you! Specific date ranges need to be applied in this way.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

For Period over Period cards, any time you change the date range, you will need to re-select what you want to compare it to. It should give you the ability to do it, but it won't automatically do it for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • AO3
    AO3 Member
    Options

Good to know, thank you Mark

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@AO3 here are some snapshots for practical application. I hope this helps you! Specific date ranges need to be applied in this way.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!