Facebook ads connector not returning conversions and conversion value?

Options

Any ideas why some facebook ads accounts return conversions/conversions value and why some do not? The ones that do not do return purchaseroas so you can calculate conversion value with purchaseroas and spend.

It just doesn't make sense to me since I know pixel is installed correctly in each account. Did Facebook ads make a change or does someone have an explanation? Thanks for the help in advance!

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @pauljames

Are your campaigns going across iOS and non-iOS devices? Facebook recently changed how their aggregate inline-conversion metrics are done across both platforms. Essentially conversions are missing if going across platforms.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/insights/parameters/v18.0

From their documentation:

Facebook will no longer be able to aggregate non-inline conversion metric values across iOS 14.5 and non-iOS 14.5 campaigns due to differences in attribution logic. Querying across iOS 14.5 and non-iOS 14.5 campaigns will result in no data getting returned for non-inline conversion metrics such as app installs and purchases. Inline event metrics like impressions, link clicks, and video views, however, can still be aggregated. Please visit our changelog for more information.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Bobby_Kelly
    Bobby_Kelly Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

We've had the same issue with our FB connector dropping revenue for the standard purchase event randomly across client accounts.

We fixed it by creating a new connector with less columns. For some reason the values show up when there are less columns. Definitely seems like API changes on the Meta side are being rolled out to accounts.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @pauljames

Are your campaigns going across iOS and non-iOS devices? Facebook recently changed how their aggregate inline-conversion metrics are done across both platforms. Essentially conversions are missing if going across platforms.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/insights/parameters/v18.0

From their documentation:

Facebook will no longer be able to aggregate non-inline conversion metric values across iOS 14.5 and non-iOS 14.5 campaigns due to differences in attribution logic. Querying across iOS 14.5 and non-iOS 14.5 campaigns will result in no data getting returned for non-inline conversion metrics such as app installs and purchases. Inline event metrics like impressions, link clicks, and video views, however, can still be aggregated. Please visit our changelog for more information.

• pauljames
    Options

After looking into the facebook ads manager platform on the channel side, we see conversion and conversion value. Perhaps this is an issue with the domo connector?

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• GrantSmith
    Options

Perhaps it may be an issue. I'd recommend reaching out to Domo Support to engage them as they own the connector code.

• Bobby_Kelly
    Bobby_Kelly Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

We've had the same issue with our FB connector dropping revenue for the standard purchase event randomly across client accounts.

We fixed it by creating a new connector with less columns. For some reason the values show up when there are less columns. Definitely seems like API changes on the Meta side are being rolled out to accounts.