Making variable values the same as another column

Options

Hi,

I have a table full of hundreds of advertiser names. I would like to select an advertiser name in a dropdown control, and in the pivot table below, censor all the advertiser names to 'xx' and only show the advertiser name that's selected. I have created a beast mode that does this but I have 2 issues:

1. How can I make the variable values that of all the advertiser names without adding them all manually?
  2. When all the advertisers are named 'xx' how can I make the pivot table not combine them into one row and sum their totals?

Is using a variable the best approach here? Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Variables don't currently support adding values automatically. A pviot table will take all of the same values and combine them together. What you'd likely need to do is utilize a unique identifier for each advertiser but mask out the actual advertiser name. You could utilize something like a row number or the MD5 function in a function tile to hash the names to be unique identifiers.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Variables don't currently support adding values automatically. A pviot table will take all of the same values and combine them together. What you'd likely need to do is utilize a unique identifier for each advertiser but mask out the actual advertiser name. You could utilize something like a row number or the MD5 function in a function tile to hash the names to be unique identifiers.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**