Unable to save card with Beastmode active

Options

I have a beast mode that validates and appears to work as intended. However, when I try to save it as an active filter, I get the "There was a problem saving your card…Contact Domo Support." If I move the remove the beast mode from the filter list I can save the card. The beast mode is:

CASE WHEN
(RANK() OVER (PARTITION BY Month ORDER BY (Product_Cost) DESC) <= 10) THEN 'Include'
ELSE 'Exclude'
END

Where Month is the integer for the given month (Jan 1, Feb 2, etc) . Thoughts?

Thank You!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Domo currently doesn't support filtering with window functions, so you're getting the error. They did previously but recently stopped supporting it without any reasoning or documentation.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Domo currently doesn't support filtering with window functions, so you're getting the error. They did previously but recently stopped supporting it without any reasoning or documentation.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • TimH
    Options

Yikes, that is really concerning. I have a very similar beast mode that is identical save for an additional partition value and a different order field. That works fine and was implemented back in August. They both run against the same dataset. I'm a relatively new user to Domo— Is it common to have features deprecated without publishing? Very frustrating :(