Is possible to made a "not in" condition in PDPs?

Options
Pam1324
Pam1324 Member
edited September 2023 in Magic ETL

Usually I use PDP giving access to some areas, but for exceptions I can not just give access to everything, like Employees of Area A but not access to a specific employee out of 300 is posible to use a not in for a PDP?

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Easiest way I can think of would be to create new calculated fields in a dataflow that flag for the conditions you want to set. This way you can use multiple conditions including "not in" to create a value in the column and then use that field in a PDP policy.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Due to standard security practices a NOT IN option typically isn't provided as it opens up the data possibly to everyone on accident rather than just a single person on accident. NOT IN is a more risky security practice which is why Domo doesn't include it.

Alternatively, you could configure specific groups to not include that specific user and then set access to that group.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Easiest way I can think of would be to create new calculated fields in a dataflow that flag for the conditions you want to set. This way you can use multiple conditions including "not in" to create a value in the column and then use that field in a PDP policy.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Due to standard security practices a NOT IN option typically isn't provided as it opens up the data possibly to everyone on accident rather than just a single person on accident. NOT IN is a more risky security practice which is why Domo doesn't include it.

Alternatively, you could configure specific groups to not include that specific user and then set access to that group.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**