Formatting Summary Number For A Calculation

Options
IDomoDeLaRosa
IDomoDeLaRosa Member
edited September 2023 in Magic ETL

Hello All,

I'm struggling here as I feel like I'm so close. I'm trying to show a summary number that is a calculation

(Cost/Leads) and while I've been able to figure out the font size and color, I am still struggling to control the format to be a currency without decimals instead of the number its at now

Right now, I've gotten to this

CONCAT('

<div style="font-size: 24px;color: #004387"></div>

',SUM(Cost) / SUM(Leads),'')

Can someone give me an example of where I might be missing something?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to move your closed span tag to be after your numbers. Should look like this:

CONCAT('<span style="color: ##004387; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold;">$', ROUND(SUM(Cost) / SUM(Leads), 0), '</span>')

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

You'd need a ROUND function to reduce the amount of decimal places. Once you're adding in the HTML coding the data becomes a string and you're unable to utilize Domo's built-in formatting options so you need to format your number yourself. If you want to format it as a currency you can do something like this post:

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • IDomoDeLaRosa
    Options

Following up, of course, magically after posting here, I figured it out. Ended up with this

CONCAT('

<span style="color: ##004387; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold;"></span>

$', ROUND(SUM(Cost) / SUM(Leads), 0), '')

Now I just have to figure out how to make the Title of the Summary Number larger!

• ColemenWilson
    edited September 2023
    Options

You can use: '<strong>' & '</strong>' in your beastmode around the part of the summary number you'd like to be more pronounced.

You can also use: '<font size="+3">'

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to move your closed span tag to be after your numbers. Should look like this:

CONCAT('<span style="color: ##004387; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold;">$', ROUND(SUM(Cost) / SUM(Leads), 0), '</span>')

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.