Properly Writing Back to Output?

Options

Hey, first time Domo Jupyter user, and a new Python user. I'm having a difficult time exporting my data to a new dataset.

From this:

I keep encountering this error:

/home/domo/.conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/domojupyter/io.py:125: FutureWarning: Series.__getitem__ treating keys as positions is deprecated. In a future version, integer keys will always be treated as labels (consistent with DataFrame behavior). To access a value by position, use `ser.iloc[pos]`

What am I messing up?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is just a warning message when attempting to do something that won't be supported in later versions of the pandas package that Domo is utilizing. You can ignore this warning for now assuming your dataset is being written properly.

Domo will need to update their domo package to properly fix this warning in their future code.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is just a warning message when attempting to do something that won't be supported in later versions of the pandas package that Domo is utilizing. You can ignore this warning for now assuming your dataset is being written properly.

Domo will need to update their domo package to properly fix this warning in their future code.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • RobB
    RobB Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

@GrantSmith It's good to know it is just a warning that doesn't impact the functionality. If your output is a large number of columns, it is still a bothersome thing. This is especially true if you're doing a loop that outputs its iteration results to dataset. Then it becomes a burden.

As a temporary fix, you can use the warnings library to suppress this:

from warnings import filterwarnings
    filterwarnings("ignore", category=FutureWarning)

I don't recommend this as a permanent solution, but if you're testing a lot of outputs, this is helpful till a fix is in place.