Can I use a workflow to change the default date on a dashboard once a month?

Options

Our sales dashboards by default show the current month, except on the 1st of every month. When a user gets to the dashboard it's all blank because we don't have data for the 1st yet. I want to find a way via a workflow to change the default date to the previous month on select dashboards on the first of the month, and then have it run again on the second to return it to the current month.

Is this possible?

Best Answers

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not sure if you could do this, but there are probably easier solutions. You could make a beast mode that says if it's the first of the month, show the prior month, else show the current month.

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think what trafalgar said is probably the route to go, but I'd imagine you could create a workflow that ran on the 1st of the month and changed the setting, then ran on the second and changed it back.

We'd need to figure out the API call to make that change, and I think what trafalger mentions would be significantly lower level off effort (unless you have hundreds of cards you'd need to update).

Answers

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not sure if you could do this, but there are probably easier solutions. You could make a beast mode that says if it's the first of the month, show the prior month, else show the current month.

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think what trafalgar said is probably the route to go, but I'd imagine you could create a workflow that ran on the 1st of the month and changed the setting, then ran on the second and changed it back.

We'd need to figure out the API call to make that change, and I think what trafalger mentions would be significantly lower level off effort (unless you have hundreds of cards you'd need to update).

• ChrisLombard
    Options

Thank you @Zoolander I do have about 10 dashboards that have 20+ cards on each all powered by the one data set, but the cards are all separate for each dashboard, because of the sandbox and production environment and how we do our promotion.

Thank you both @trafalger and @Zoolander for your help on this.