DOMO QA Dashboard

Options
Pellogat
Pellogat Member
edited September 2023 in Cards, Dashboards, Stories

I'm trying to build a dashboard in domo that would be looking at the recurring dataset vs the master dataset, to ensure or catch data gaps or breakage in it. does anyone have a development idea around it?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Pellogat A couple of thoughts:

Define the Data Quality (breakage) and think about how you would want to identify this and be alerted to it. What does this look like? A dashboard? A card? A set of alerts? If you have historical breakages or data quality issues you could draw from, think about the methods which you used to identify those before acting on them.

For data gaps, you could utilize group by and count in MagicETL to ensure that you have matching row counts for the granularity needed between the master and recurring datasets. In other words, you could count previous hour/day in your recurring and compare row count to your master for that hour/day.

Answers

• JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Pellogat A couple of thoughts:

Define the Data Quality (breakage) and think about how you would want to identify this and be alerted to it. What does this look like? A dashboard? A card? A set of alerts? If you have historical breakages or data quality issues you could draw from, think about the methods which you used to identify those before acting on them.

For data gaps, you could utilize group by and count in MagicETL to ensure that you have matching row counts for the granularity needed between the master and recurring datasets. In other words, you could count previous hour/day in your recurring and compare row count to your master for that hour/day.

• Pellogat
    Options

@JasonAltenburg Data breakage in that, sometimes adobe stops sending data to domo and depending on the dashboards, it might not be caught for days, weeks, even months. I am looking to create a dashboard with a set of cards, that i can say check every week or day to see when there is a data gap between data warehouse, Recurring and Master.

But i see "For data gaps, you could utilize group by and count in MagicETL to ensure that you have matching row counts for the granularity needed between the master and recurring datasets. In other words, you could count previous hour/day in your recurring and compare row count to your master for that hour/day" as a great idea.

Thanks,