Email Connector: Unable to figure out why my regex not working

Options

Dear DOMO community,

I am at a loss and don't understand why in my email connector the regex .*PANAY.* will work when email subject is

Fw: MSPANAY GROUP |IBITEM AND AVAIL - 9/8/2023 7:17:56 am

but it fails when the email subject is

Fw: MSPANAY GROUP | Ibitem, Price Change and Avail - 8/28/2023 7:54:21 AM

When checking regex expressions, it should find both of them.

Anybody have any idea what I might have done wrong ?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Saskia

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@SaskiaV Your Regex appears to be correct when testing on regexr.com. I suggest creating a new dataset with the same rules to test whether it will accept the file. If that does not work, you may need to escalate to Domo Support

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@SaskiaV Is there anything else different about the two emails, like sender or file type? Also what error message do you receive in the Dataset History when it fails?

• SaskiaV
    Options

@MichelleH : Thank you for responding.

I can confirm that nothing else was different. Sender same, same file type. The only difference was the subject name and also this email contained one additional file attached to it.

The alert in the history specifically refers to the regex and was as follows:

Domo is ready, but an email was received that did not pass the regex filters and was not processed. Invalid Subject Fw: MSPANAY GROUP | Ibitem, Price Change and Avail - 8/28/2023 7:54:21 AM, regex is .*PANAY.*

PS: this email was eventually processed by changing the subject to "Fw: MSPANAY GROUP |IBITEM AND AVAIL - 8/25/2023 7:17:56 am" as a workaround, so the issue was definitely with the regex.

• MichelleH
    Options

@SaskiaV Will it work if you remove the second attachment?

• SaskiaV
    Options

@MichelleH - no that did not fix it. I'm afraid I am getting the same alert as per below

Domo is ready, but an email was received that did not pass the regex filters and was not processed. Invalid Subject FW: MSPANAY GROUP | Ibitem, Price Change and Avail - 8/28/2023 7:54:21 AM, regex is .*PANAY.*

The only fix is to actually change the subject to be "Fw: MSPANAY GROUP |IBITEM AND AVAIL - 8/25/2023 7:17:56 am"

So you think it should work with my regex and the issue might be somewhere else ?

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@SaskiaV Your Regex appears to be correct when testing on regexr.com. I suggest creating a new dataset with the same rules to test whether it will accept the file. If that does not work, you may need to escalate to Domo Support

• SaskiaV
    Options

@MichelleH - I did your test recommendation and confirm that with the same rules it also doesn't work. I will contact Domo Support.

Thank you for all your help !