FIXED Function As Background Filter

Options

I have a headcount dashboard where I would like the cards to render 0 values in case of any filter combination resulting in the headcount <3. I created a beast mode calculation using fixed function to use it as a background filter in the cards. however when I am adding it to the cards and try to save it, it throws an error stating 'There was a problem saving your card. If the problem persists, contact Domo support team.'

Here is the beastmode I have -

SUM(COUNT(DISTINCT `EMPLOYEE_ID`) FIXED())

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Sumant_Kumar707 According to this KB article, FIXED functions are not supported as filters. I'd suggest adding this as an enhancement request in the Ideas Exchange.

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on the setup of the card/data, I think you should be able to change the Beastmode to just COUNT(DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID), add it as a Tooltip so that it's at the right level of aggregation and then use it as a filter.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Sumant_Kumar707 According to this KB article, FIXED functions are not supported as filters. I'd suggest adding this as an enhancement request in the Ideas Exchange.

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on the setup of the card/data, I think you should be able to change the Beastmode to just COUNT(DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID), add it as a Tooltip so that it's at the right level of aggregation and then use it as a filter.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• Sumant_Kumar707
    Options

@MichelleH thanks for the KB article, it makes sense.

@DavidChurchman I will try that and see if it works.

• trafalger
    Options

Agreed with the others, I don't think you need the FIXED portion, as just a count(distinct) should filter it out. I had a client who did something similar and it worked great.