Dataset Change Log

Options

Scenario - I have a dataset that I change once in a while i.e - Adding/removing column from source.

Question - I want to keep track over the changes made on the dataset configurations in DOMO, is there any place where I can track this in DOMO?

Best Answers

• dp4ge
    dp4ge Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on the type of dataset, it has a history that you can download a previous version or preview the updated rows on the "History" tab on the dataset.

You can also create a snapshot of a dataset using the Views Explorer and then just saving it as a new dataset.

May not be exactly what your looking for but it should allow you to see what has changed.

• sbutterbrodt
    sbutterbrodt Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

In addition to the above, a standard practice I find helpful for ETL changes is adding comments whenever I save a dataset. This allows you to make a note to easily recall what changes were made with each version. This can be especially helpful if a small change was made, such as the addition of a new column.

Here is a screenshot after clicking Save on an ETL. You can add your text into the Version Description (Optional) area, which then shows under the Version tab in the dataflow view.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

In addition to the above, you could also create a recursive dataflow using the DataSet Schemas Domo Governance dataset and see changes to schema for ALL datasets in your instance over time.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• dp4ge
    dp4ge Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on the type of dataset, it has a history that you can download a previous version or preview the updated rows on the "History" tab on the dataset.

You can also create a snapshot of a dataset using the Views Explorer and then just saving it as a new dataset.

May not be exactly what your looking for but it should allow you to see what has changed.

• sbutterbrodt
    sbutterbrodt Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

In addition to the above, a standard practice I find helpful for ETL changes is adding comments whenever I save a dataset. This allows you to make a note to easily recall what changes were made with each version. This can be especially helpful if a small change was made, such as the addition of a new column.

Here is a screenshot after clicking Save on an ETL. You can add your text into the Version Description (Optional) area, which then shows under the Version tab in the dataflow view.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

In addition to the above, you could also create a recursive dataflow using the DataSet Schemas Domo Governance dataset and see changes to schema for ALL datasets in your instance over time.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above