Restricting certain columns of sensitive data in Public accessible dashboard

Options

I'm interested in sharing some dashboards with agencies via the embedding dashboard option. However, I'm a little confused how I can set this up. I see two different options:

I can make a dashboard private and only allos users to authenticate from a Domo account (which obviously wouldn't work in this case) or API…. would the API just be for pulling data? Or is there a way to allow agencies to access the dashboard via an API we exclusively proivde?

If I go with the public option… I see there is away to block access to sensitive columns by either deactivating the interaction option or by transforming the data to exclude those columns. How do I apply the interaction option to prevent certain columns from appearing in public links? For the transforming the data by excluding columns option, I assume this would be for all dashboards (there isn't a way to dynamically exclude columns if they are being viewed via a public link, is there?)

Best Answers

• Pritesh
    Pritesh Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Nathan,

I don't have experience of embedding dashboards. But did you try applying PDP to your dataset columns that you wouldn't want to appear for public view? Ideally, it PDP should also apply to the dashboard or other elements where you're sourcing this dataset…

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is "Domo Everywhere", where you can privately embed instances of your dashboard somewhere outside of Domo, and it is possible to create your own authentication with that private embed (i.e. not a Domo account). Using Domo Everywhere does cost more and there are technical hurdles to implementing it.

PDP is not available for Public Embed: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043437993?language=en_US

A different approach for public embed is you could feed your dashboard (or a copy of your dashboard designed for this use case) using a "view" of your data, where that view only has the columns/rows you feel comfortable sharing publicly.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• Pritesh
    Pritesh Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Nathan,

I don't have experience of embedding dashboards. But did you try applying PDP to your dataset columns that you wouldn't want to appear for public view? Ideally, it PDP should also apply to the dashboard or other elements where you're sourcing this dataset…

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is "Domo Everywhere", where you can privately embed instances of your dashboard somewhere outside of Domo, and it is possible to create your own authentication with that private embed (i.e. not a Domo account). Using Domo Everywhere does cost more and there are technical hurdles to implementing it.

PDP is not available for Public Embed: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043437993?language=en_US

A different approach for public embed is you could feed your dashboard (or a copy of your dashboard designed for this use case) using a "view" of your data, where that view only has the columns/rows you feel comfortable sharing publicly.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.