Date change in workbench

Options

Hi, I am using Domo workbench. When i run a data feed with a query the time seems to change when I see the data on the webpage. So for example, when I run a query and put it in workbench it is saying July 01st 00:00, however, when I look at the data on the data page it says June 31st 08:00. There is a 5 hour difference. I am not sure how to correct. Did anyone have this experience?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@mroker This sounds like a timezone mismatch between your Domo instance and the source data. You will likely have to add a Timezone conversion transformation to your workbench job to match the timezone of your Domo instance.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Agree with Michelle that you should use the timezone transformation if you actually need the time. If you don't actually need the time in your analysis, go the schema tab and change the data type from datetime to date. When it is just a date field, Domo won't try and apply any timezone shifts to that field.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@mroker This sounds like a timezone mismatch between your Domo instance and the source data. You will likely have to add a Timezone conversion transformation to your workbench job to match the timezone of your Domo instance.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Agree with Michelle that you should use the timezone transformation if you actually need the time. If you don't actually need the time in your analysis, go the schema tab and change the data type from datetime to date. When it is just a date field, Domo won't try and apply any timezone shifts to that field.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.