How to prevent WB from disabling jobs if source file is not found

Options
rado98
rado98 Contributor
edited August 2023 in Workbench

How can I prevent WB from disabling jobs if source file is not found.

Most of my files are located in a server. If for whatever reason the WB PC loses connection to the server and it attempts to run a job using a file that it cannot temporarily access, the job gets disabled.

Generally, soon after connection is gained again but any disabled is obviously no longer runs. I have to then manually enable them.

This has been a thing since forever I am hoping there is a way to prevent it.

Cheers

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

One workaround might be to utilize Window's task schedule to "manually" run the job at a specific time if the WB scheduler keeps disabling the schedule. You'd need to call the wb.exe (located wherever you have Workbench installed) yourself with the proper parameters (you can do wb.exe --help) to get the command line parameters.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

One workaround might be to utilize Window's task schedule to "manually" run the job at a specific time if the WB scheduler keeps disabling the schedule. You'd need to call the wb.exe (located wherever you have Workbench installed) yourself with the proper parameters (you can do wb.exe --help) to get the command line parameters.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • rado98
    rado98 Contributor
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already manually run selected jobs using batch files (to get around the limitation WB monitoring network files for changes) but as I have some 150 excel jobs manually running all of them would be a nightmare.

Plus I think I would run into all sorts for issues, from way too many jobs running at the same time to other WB users not being able to tell was is going on easily.

The proposed solution technically does work it is just not practical in my case. Stating this in case someone find this option practical for their case.