I want to create a Card/visualization in DOMO which will fetch data from Excel

Options

I want to create a Card/visualization in DOMO which will fetch data from Excel for a PPT and show the info in the below format. How can this be done?

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is something I have done both with a DDX brick and a standard text card. The text card is probably easier.

Here is the beastmode:

CONCAT(`Title`,'<br>','•',`Value1`,'<br>','•',`Value2`)

There are a variety of bullet symbols, some can be found here: https://www.symbolcopy.com/bullet-points-symbol.html

Additionally I would play around with the chart properties:

That should get you something looking pretty nice.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

You can use the new Office add-in to have your Excel file be a dataset in Domo. You would then power your card off of that dataset in Domo.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Dheeraj_1996
    Options

that I am already using. but I want to create a card or a visualization in the below format from the dataset which is fed from the excel. Data with bullet points

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

There isn't a native chart type that would provide that layout. You might want to look at the Domo Bricks to see if there is something that would do that. If you are familiar with Javascript, you could use the Domo Blank Brick and build the bullet list array to pull this off.

You could also look at the notebook card, but I don't think that will meet your needs, but thought I would mention it.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Dheeraj_1996
    Options

I tried the domo notebook, but I was not able to add the data from the dataset in it. is there a way this can be done? and does the DOMO PPT plugin fetches notebook in the PPT?
    where can I find the DOMO blank Brick?

• ColemenWilson
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is something I have done both with a DDX brick and a standard text card. The text card is probably easier.

Here is the beastmode:

CONCAT(`Title`,'<br>','•',`Value1`,'<br>','•',`Value2`)

There are a variety of bullet symbols, some can be found here: https://www.symbolcopy.com/bullet-points-symbol.html

Additionally I would play around with the chart properties:

That should get you something looking pretty nice.

• Dheeraj_1996
    Options

But in the text card, the issue was that, only the 1st row of the dataset is being fetched. not all rows.

• ColemenWilson
    Options

How is your data formatted? If it is not formatted properly it could easily be reformatted to meet your needs.

• Dheeraj_1996
    Options

thanks, through this I could achieve a part. but not the entire stuff. I used test dataset

and this is what your solution achieved

How would I be able to fetch row 2?

• ColemenWilson
    edited July 2023
    Options

Okay, if your data is structured that way you can use the pivot tiles in Magic ETL to put your values that are currently rows as columns and then use the beastmode provided above.

I also got it to work this way:

CONCAT(MAX(CASE WHEN name1 = 'dheeraj' THEN name2 END),'<br>','•',MAX(CASE WHEN name1 = 'sandhanshi' THEN name2 END))