Pinterest authorization issue

Options

Hi all, having an issue with the Pinterest connector. It has run fine up until July 14th. It throws out this error, "Domo is ready, but Pinterest Ads returned the following error: Authorization failed." Do I need to do something in the actual Pinterest account? It says that Domo is ready so it is obviously a problem with Pinterest not relinquishing access to Domo. Any tips or tricks?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jakebutterfield
    Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like it was due to the new Pinterest API change from version 4 to 5. One of the support members from DOMO sent me this, "To resolve this, You may need to recreate the account in Domo if you have any authentication issues as the authentication uses different endpoints.
    Also, you'll need to recreate the datasets to use v5. This is because version 4 was depreciated as of June 30th (with a 7-10 day grace period) as outlined on Pinterest's developer platform: So it looks like I just need to recreate the dataset as any current datasets are using the old API which isn't in use anymore. https://developers.pinterest.com/docs/getting-started/migration/

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

Have you tried creating a new authorization / connection with Pinterest?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jakebutterfield
    Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like it was due to the new Pinterest API change from version 4 to 5. One of the support members from DOMO sent me this, "To resolve this, You may need to recreate the account in Domo if you have any authentication issues as the authentication uses different endpoints.
    Also, you'll need to recreate the datasets to use v5. This is because version 4 was depreciated as of June 30th (with a 7-10 day grace period) as outlined on Pinterest's developer platform: So it looks like I just need to recreate the dataset as any current datasets are using the old API which isn't in use anymore. https://developers.pinterest.com/docs/getting-started/migration/

• joserosapt
    Options

This is correct. I think that these platform deprecations / updates, that may affect the connectors, should be passed on to us on the Domo status page for example.