Help with Grouped + Stacked Bar Graphs

Options

Hello, I am trying to create a stacked bar graph that is grouped by facility.

Metric 1

Metric 2

Metric 3 = Metric 1 + Metric 2

Currently, this bar graph is being used.

I want to accomplish something like this for metrics by facility but for Metric 3 (which is composed of Metric 1 + Metric 2) and still show the Metric 1 and 2 as parts of it. Is this possible?

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@Aaron_Zheng Have you considered the Nested Bar chart type?

• Aaron_Zheng
    Options

@MichelleH Thank you for the rapid response! I just tried the Nested Bar type.

It simply sums Metric 3 for all facilities. I need Metric 3 broken down if possible.

• MichelleH
    Options

@Aaron_Zheng Are there additional metrics in addition to 1, 2, and 3? If not, you could just remove Metric 3 since the grey bar will show the sum of Metric 1 and Metric 2

• Aaron_Zheng
    Options

@MichelleH The Nested Bar is only allowing 1 y-axis value. Currently, only using Metric 3.

If I could use multiple y-values, I was hoping that it WOULD sum up Metric 1 and 2. Not sure how I would establish that relationship but….

Left-most group of 4 with small black bars is what I am trying to do.

• Aaron_Zheng
    Options

Hi @MichelleH !

I wanted to follow up from over the weekend. Any updates on whether this is possible?

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Aaron_Zheng What if you used an Overlay Bar Chart with a beast mode for each series/color?

Assuming you are currently using a single Y axis value with a dimension in the chart series, you can actually break each color bar into its own beast mode field. For example, the blue bar could be something like this:

sum(case when `Dimension` = 'A' then `Value` else 0 end)

If you repeat this for each color in your existing chart then you are no longer limited to a single Y-Axis field. Then each field can have its own color rule applied to it.