Does the API's dataset/export method work?

Options

I'm building a PHP client library for Domo, and I'm currently having trouble with one of the endpoints. Specifically:

According to the documentation, if I call that endpoint with the GUID of a dataset, it should return CSV content to me in the response body. Optionally, I can include headers and set a filename. However, no matter what I do, I'm only getting HTTP 406 ("Not Acceptable") errors.

Is this a known issue with the API, or is there something I need to do differently?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you passing in the Accept header to tell it what type of content you're willing to accept? I'm assuming you're wanting CSV so passing in "text/csv" as your Accept value would be what you want.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you passing in the Accept header to tell it what type of content you're willing to accept? I'm assuming you're wanting CSV so passing in "text/csv" as your Accept value would be what you want.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • wogan
    wogan Member
    Options

@GrantSmith I'll give that a go, thanks! Didn't think to try that.

• wogan
    wogan Member
    Options

That was the answer! I set Content-Type to application/json and Accept to text/csv and it exported normally. Thank you!