Issues with filtering different datasets

Options

I'm having issues where filtering in my dashboard isn't working correctly between two datasets.

I'm trying to use a filter that is based off of 'campaigns', so whenever I choose a product I want the filter to show keywords that are in that specific campaign and vice versa (keywords will show what products are in the campaign).

Are there any articles that can help me with this issue?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

For a filter applied to a dashboard to affect cards from multiple Datasets, you need to be sure that the field you're filtering on exists on each of the datasets with the exact same name. Sometimes you'll need to prepare your data first via ETLs in case you need to join information from multiple datasets to append any missing columns, while in other cases you can work with a View or a BeastMode (saved to the dataset) when you simply need to rename the column. This article explains a bit more on Dashboards filters.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ccc123 Try using filter cards instead since they will adjust based off of other filters

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@ccc123 Are you using a filter card or the dashboard filters on the top panel (near filter views)? Filter cards react to other filters, whereas the dashboard filters do not.

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

For a filter applied to a dashboard to affect cards from multiple Datasets, you need to be sure that the field you're filtering on exists on each of the datasets with the exact same name. Sometimes you'll need to prepare your data first via ETLs in case you need to join information from multiple datasets to append any missing columns, while in other cases you can work with a View or a BeastMode (saved to the dataset) when you simply need to rename the column. This article explains a bit more on Dashboards filters.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ccc123 Try using filter cards instead since they will adjust based off of other filters