How to remove a personal comment/post

Options
GrantStowell
GrantStowell Domo Moderator
edited July 2023 in Getting Started

๐Ÿ‘‹Hello Domo Community!๐Ÿ‘‹

We have made some recent changes to the process of deleting personal comments and posts. Currently, anyone that is not an admin does not have the ability to delete anything; this includes posts and comments made by oneself. The forum has a plethora of knowledge and we want to mitigate removing potentially useful content as much as possible.

With that said, mistakes happen on occasion. If you made a post or comment that needs to be taken down, then follow the steps bellow:

1. Click the three dots at the top right corner of the discussion box or comment you want removed
  2. Click 'Edit' (If you are unable to edit, skip to step 5)
  3. Delete all text within the text box
  4. Click 'Save'
  5. Click the flag icon at the bottom left
  6. Click 'Report'
  7. Under 'Reason' click 'This is my own post/discussion of which I want to delete'
  8. Lastly, click 'Send Report'

*The window for editing a comment or post is 24 hours. If you can no longer edit your content, it is because the 24-hour window has closed. You can still report the content for a moderator to delete at their earliest convenience.*

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to message an admin.

Comments

• ColemenWilson
    Options

My voice has been heard! Thank you Grant!

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• ArborRose
    Options

I like the ability to delete a comment. But does it have to be so cryptic?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• GrantStowell
    GrantStowell Domo Moderator
    Options

Hey @ArborRose. We appreciate the feedback. We're currently working on making the process of deleting posts/comments easier. The reason why the current process exists is because the software we use for the forum allows users with permission to delete posts to delete ANY content on the forum. This would be problematic for obvious reasons. We're hoping that this will change in the future and we're actively looking for a better solution. For now, editing a post and removing text within the textbox is our best workaround.