Connecting to domo.js in React app not working

Options

Hello all,

I am a first time domo app dev trying to create a React app. I used the Quickstart instructions for creating a React app using the template and everything seemed to be setup correctly . When I try to use 'domo.get()' or 'domo.env..', I get a 'domo not defined' error in my application.

I am logging into my DOMO instance successfully:

however, when I run npm start and go to the page where that call is being made, The app shows that 'domo is not defined':

The console.log just reports a ReferenceError:

I am not sure where to go from here to get this working.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tony

Best Answer

• btp_tlangston
    btp_tlangston Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just wanted to post back here that my issue has been resolved.

Apparently, I had everything setup correctly but I was not importing domo correctly into the app. I had the import set as import { domo } from 'ryuu.js'; , which was failing to recognize it. I didn't know that domo was exported as default so it should have been import domo from 'ryuu.js'; (without the curly braces). Once I included that import correctly, the connection to domo worked.

Thanks for the responses.

Tony

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Options

After creating the template, did you run npm install to install all the necessary dependencies contained in the package.json file?

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• btp_tlangston
    Options

Hi @brycec , when I ran the initial command to create-react-app, i thought I did since other packages were working, however, I ran it again, just in case:

but I am still getting the same error:

• btp_tlangston
    btp_tlangston Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just wanted to post back here that my issue has been resolved.

Apparently, I had everything setup correctly but I was not importing domo correctly into the app. I had the import set as import { domo } from 'ryuu.js'; , which was failing to recognize it. I didn't know that domo was exported as default so it should have been import domo from 'ryuu.js'; (without the curly braces). Once I included that import correctly, the connection to domo worked.

Thanks for the responses.

Tony