How to create a filter using Beastmode?

Options

Hello and TIA!

How can I create a beastmode for a filter? These names are always changing and I have to go into every card where I need this filter and update them when one changes.

If I had it as a Beastmode, I could just update it once.

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

CASE WHEN FRANCHISEE NAME IN('Adam','Al','Leon','Brandon','Colemen') THEN 'Include' ELSE 'Exclude' END

Then use it as a filter and select 'Include'. Also select "Share on Dataset" on the quick filter.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Buck You can create a beast mode that's shared on the dataset and put that in the quick filters section of analyzer instead of the original dataset field name. That way you only need to change the name once.

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

CASE WHEN FRANCHISEE NAME IN('Adam','Al','Leon','Brandon','Colemen') THEN 'Include' ELSE 'Exclude' END

Then use it as a filter and select 'Include'. Also select "Share on Dataset" on the quick filter.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Buck You can create a beast mode that's shared on the dataset and put that in the quick filters section of analyzer instead of the original dataset field name. That way you only need to change the name once.