Store values from daily average

Options
CarolineRogg1
CarolineRogg1 Member
edited June 2023 in Magic ETL

Hi,

I need your help, my brain is frozen…;)

I am reporting on Support Cases in Salesforce.

Every day, I pull a report into Domo showing all cases per Case Record Type that are open that day.

E.g.

report pulled 6/9/23 says for CRT Support A 24 Open Cases and for CRT Support B 37

report pulled 6/8/2023 says CRT Support A 12 Open Cases and for CRT Support B 50

Is there anyway that I can store these values for each day in a separate file, which is then not overwritten, but each day the values are captured and added? Would using Variables do the trick?

Thanks for any ideas!!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried setting the update method on the connector dataset to be Append instead of Replace so it'll append each day's run to your dataset?

Alternatively if you're worried about duplicated records you could utilize a recursive dataflow (KB Article: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360057087393?language=en_US ) to filter out duplicated records based on the logic you have.

Variables wouldn't do it because they don't deal with storing data but rather how the data is interpreted.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried setting the update method on the connector dataset to be Append instead of Replace so it'll append each day's run to your dataset?

Alternatively if you're worried about duplicated records you could utilize a recursive dataflow (KB Article: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360057087393?language=en_US ) to filter out duplicated records based on the logic you have.

Variables wouldn't do it because they don't deal with storing data but rather how the data is interpreted.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • CarolineRogg1
    Options

Hi Grant!

I just stumbled accross this as well! That seems to be new….Looks like this is doing the trick. I set it now to update all 15 minutes and store it per minute…..

Thanks much again!

Caroline