Totalling certain rows

I have a question about totaling data in tables. I have two sets of data from different time periods 2021 & 2023, and I'd like to sum the respective metrics for each. I have two different tables present that may aid in getting this solution done.

For the first image I want to add a column after the 2021-12-01 column to display the totals for the metrics for 2021 and then add another column at the end after the two 2023 columns to show the totals for the 2023 columns.

Second image same thing but in that format. Either table would work for us.

Am I able to do this? Or should I just suggest the use of two separate tables, one for 2021 campaign and one for 2023 campaign? Not sure how to proceed.

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@jakebutterfield If you want to show the totals for each year, add a beast mode using the formula YEAR(`Date`) to extract the year from the date column. Then add that new beast mode to the pivot table in your second image in the rows in front of Date. The pivot table will add subtotals by year once you do this.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@jakebutterfield If you want to show the totals for each year, add a beast mode using the formula YEAR(`Date`) to extract the year from the date column. Then add that new beast mode to the pivot table in your second image in the rows in front of Date. The pivot table will add subtotals by year once you do this.