HTML image

Jessica
Jessica Contributor

How do we take an image and create a URL that is not protected?

Originally I was storing the images we use in HTML code in a DOMO page that I created, called Image Library and I used the URL link from the image card. The problem is because this page has the permission on it that it can only be accessed by Admins, when I use the link in a DDX bricks card, the users can only see the image if I provision access to the Image library page I created in DOMO.

I don't want to do this. What is another option?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

You'll need to host your image elsewhere, outside of Domo. There are several free image hosting sites out there you can check and perhaps use depending on how sensitive your data is. If your company has a website and FTP access, you might want to talk with the department that manages it to see if they can create a directory inside your company website structure to host the images publicly and retrieve them from there.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

You'll need to host your image elsewhere, outside of Domo. There are several free image hosting sites out there you can check and perhaps use depending on how sensitive your data is. If your company has a website and FTP access, you might want to talk with the department that manages it to see if they can create a directory inside your company website structure to host the images publicly and retrieve them from there.