Is there a topic modeling solution for Domo?

The title pretty much sums it up. I'm relatively new to Domo as a creator and it's been a very long time since I've been asked to use it as a consumer. Coming back 10+ years later, I'm surprised that I'm not finding any easy solution to topic modeling or other NLP concerns.

Is there something I'm missing? This must be a pretty standard requirement among Domo users. Do I need to develop something custom via the R plug-in?

Context: I'm trying to analyze voice-of-customer notes for a new org. I need to analyze topics in these notes primarily and sentiment as a nice to have.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Domo would suggest the Data Science package to allow for R or Python tiles to do the NLP processing in a magic ETL dataflow but it's an extra cost. You can utilize rdomo to extract data from Domo and process it and re-upload it (or pydomo if you're a Python fan). There's nothing currently out of the box to do NLP.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Domo would suggest the Data Science package to allow for R or Python tiles to do the NLP processing in a magic ETL dataflow but it's an extra cost. You can utilize rdomo to extract data from Domo and process it and re-upload it (or pydomo if you're a Python fan). There's nothing currently out of the box to do NLP.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DHo
    DHo Member

Thanks for the confirmation @GrantSmith. That's a bummer. I'll have to look into getting my hands dirty with the BI add-on and some python.