Getting an average line chart from multiple line charts

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask if it's possible to get an average line chart for a multiple line chart (based on a specific series). As an example, think of X = Quarter 1, 2, 3. 4 of Year 2023, Y = revenue, and series = Product 1, Product 2, Product 3. However, the tricky part is this series is based on a DOMO variable, which means it can take different fields (that is, series can also be: series = Region 1, Region 2, Region 3). With that, using the first example, I just want to know if I can create an average line chart that shows the average revenue for Product 1/2/3 for Quarter 1, average revenue for Product 1/2/3 for Quarter 2, etc. I hope that makes sense, thanks!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

It's not possible to include an average when using a category series. You could create a separate graph to display the overall average next to your original graph.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

It's not possible to include an average when using a category series. You could create a separate graph to display the overall average next to your original graph.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thanks @GrantSmith for your response. I guess there's no easy way for this.