Restricting Dataflows

I am admin for my instance.. I have shared input datasets to a specific group with a role. But I notice that they automatically get all my dataflows access that include those above shared datasets and they are able to edit the dataflow as well.

Is there a option to restrict the access of dataflows (ETLs) though those datasets are shared..

Please advise.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Aag2023

there aren’t individual edit permissions currently within Domo for dataflows. Permissions are based on the input datasets. I’d recommend adding an idea to the idea exchange for added dataflow security

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• @Aag2023 you can restrict the access of dataflows by setting the sharing options for the shared dataset to restricted. This will limit access to only the specific group and role that you select. If you want to further restrict access to a specific dataflow, you can edit the dataflows sharing settings and select the specific group and role that you want to give access to.

• A2024
    A2024 Member

@Sayyed007 Thanks for your response. Yes, I forgot to mention that the dataset is shared with that group with "Can Share" option that is highlighted above.

However, I am not seeing any options in Dataflows regarding sharing settings? I don't see any option to share a dataflow to specific group or role?

Can you or someone share me a screenshot? Appreciate your help.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Aag2023

there aren’t individual edit permissions currently within Domo for dataflows. Permissions are based on the input datasets. I’d recommend adding an idea to the idea exchange for added dataflow security

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**