Use an existing dataflow as a template???

I'd like to automate the creation of a dataflow as a copy of another dataflow, then change the owner. The new owner would then change some of the input datasets, rename the output dataset and alter a few of the tiles within the dataflow. Looking to simplyfy the intake of hundreds of files from different sources with similar joined dimensions.

I've been through the CLI and could only find create-dataset, I was hoping to find Create-dataflow or Copy-dataflow…snooped some network traffic while creating a copy of a exsiting dataflow but couldn't pinpoint an API.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

thx

Answers

• There isn't a supported version to automated this process however you could utilize the internal APIs to do this.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I think we've settled on providing (configured) JSON string via an automated email as part of a workflow connected to an Intake form, with instructions only how to paste directly into a new Magic ETL and create it themselves. The new workflow capabilities in Domo are making this possible, with realatively easy setup.